Wednesday, 14 October 2015
Since we moved house I have really liked the thought of having things in our home that are both beautiful and handmade by someone in our families! I have always loved having things that are Handmade by someone close to you, these items just mean so much more when you have had someone who loves you make them specially just for you. It also means you will have a completely unique and one off item that can never be made exactly the same again.
Today we are sharing with you the new bookcase for the kids room. D and Daddy's Uncle was very helpful and made D and Uncle L a bookcase frame for their room but this was not going to be any old bookcase! Oh no this bookcase is completely made by their Uncle and me. The whole thing is made out of recycled or old materials.
I must say I am incredibly proud of this book case as it is practical, useful, recycled, handmade and we know the person who had a part in making this!
The bookcase frame is made from re purposed wood which was got from a recycling/ re purposing centre ( where their Uncle's family works) and 2 old brush poles that where cleaned painted and varnished! ( where their Uncle's family works), The material used is an old double sheet (Black) and the rest is a leftover piece of material that I bought to make D a pair of trouser's last year (They went horribly wrong!).
Here is a few pictures of the bookcase:
An up close of the fabric, I love the design on this fabric.
This is one shelf. A little closer than the full bookcase and gives you a good view of the first pocket.
Up and ready to go, filled with books!
I am very proud of being able to create beautiful things for our home by recycling. Have you ever tried to? Let me know in the comments!
Have you made anything yourself?
Labels:Handmade with Love
- ► 2020 (39)
- ► 2019 (57)
- ► 2018 (137)
- ► 2017 (68)
- ► 2016 (57)
- Our Adventures This Week #36
- Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- Halloween Craft Ideas - Spider Trick or Treat Bags
- Let's get baking - Pumpkin Pie
- Handmade With Love - Superhero Cape
- Let's Get Cooking - Puff Pastry Pizza
- My Sunday Photo - Sculpture
- Our Adventures This Week #35
- What We're Reading - Pirate Pete and His Parrot by...
- What We're Reading- Roald Dahl's The Witches
- Crafts for Kids - Halloween
- Lets Get Baking- Mars Bar Brownies
- My Favorite New Pieces
- #My Sunday Photo - The Colours Of Autumn
- Our Adventures This Week #34
- The Teen Reviews The Book - The Hunger Games By Su...
- Lets Get Cooking.. Stuffed Peppers
- Handmade with Love! Our New Bookcase
- Review - The Gruffalo Giant Snap Cards
- Blogiversery and Our First Giveaway
- #My Sunday Photo - Beauty in our City
- Our Adventures This Week #33
- Letters to D
- Me & Mine
- Lets Get Baking - Halloween Stained Glass Biscuits
- Review - Little Tikes Discover Sounds Shape, Sort ...
- Our Adventures This Week # 32
- Our Adventures This Week #31
- I set Myself a Challenege
- ▼ October (30)
- A Trip To...
- All about my year
- Avery at..
- Camera Ready
- Competition Wins
- DIY felt
- Dylan at..
- Everything Else
- Five Things..
- Free PDF download
- Gift Guides
- Handmade with Love
- Let's Get Baking
- Let's Get Cooking..
- Letters to Dylan
- Letters to Scarlet
- Me and Mine
- Mummy and Me
- Our Adventures This Week
- Our favourite books
- Our Wonderful City
- Photo of the week
- Pregnancy - Baby #2
- Pregnancy - Baby #3
- Project 365
- Scarlet at..
- self care
- The Ordinary Moments
- The Siblings Project
- What We're Reading
Last week I made the decision to start sharing Our Ordinary Moments each Monday from the week just past. I had many reasons why I wanted to...